Make a breakfast worth getting out of bed for with this berry breakfast cake recipe
Who doesn’t love a nice treat for breakfast? This berry breakfast cake is ideal for weekends when you fancy something a bit different. It’s perfect for the family too!
Serving & Nutrition Information
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Nutrition per serving:
143 kcal 3g Fats
26g Carbs 6g Protein
Dietary information: vegetarian, nut-free
- 1.5 cups (190g) all-purpose wheat flour
- ½ cup (40g) rolled oats
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (155g) mixed berries, frozen
- ½ cup (125g) mashed banana (around 1 ½ banana)
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup (120g) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup (110g) honey
Topping suggestions (not included in nutrition information): maple syrup/honey, Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the berries) in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Next, add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Lastly, add the berries and mix lightly to combine.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish prepared earlier and sprinkle with additional berries and oats (optional).
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Want more recipes like this? You’ll get this and many more in our Team Travis Masterclass nutrition programmes. You can also subscribe to our monthly membership packs to receive yummy meal ideas every month.