This vegetarian chilli recipe is the perfect meal to warm your cockles this winter
Who doesn’t look forward to eating hearty meals throughout the colder months? This vegetarian chilli recipe is the ultimate go-to meal that will serve you well all season.
Serving & Nutritional Information
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 60 mins
Nutrition per serving:
Dietary information: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, nut-free
For the ‘vegetable base’:
- 1 cup (120g) walnuts
- 8 oz. (230g) mushrooms
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
For the chili:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 x 14 oz. (400g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 x 14 oz. (400g) can black bean, drained
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- salt and pepper
- Place all the ‘vegetable base’ ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you achieve a chunky paste-like consistency. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté gently for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add the diced jalapeño peppers, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and soy sauce.
- Next add in the chunky vegetable paste and cook for 10 minute, until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the tomatoes, beans, and water. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer on a low heat for around 45 minutes.
- Serving suggestions: brown rice, sour cream or Greek yogurt, grated cheese, fresh parsley.
You just can’t beat a good chilli! Get many more recipes like this on our Team Travis Masterclass nutrition programmes. If you’re looking for more meal inspo, why not sign up for our monthly recipe packs?