This warming breakfast recipe is sure to kickstart your day this winter.
When the colder months come around, getting out of bed in the morning becomes harder and harder. But looking forward delicious breakfasts makes it that much easier. Try this apple, pear and compote porridge to energise you in the morning!
Serving & Nutritional Information
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Nutrition per serving:
59g Carbs 6g Protein
Dietary information: vegetarian, vegan
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar + 2 tsp.
- ¾ cup (60g) rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
- Place the apple, pear, 2 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cold water in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook gently, stirring, for around 3 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups of water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in the oats and salt, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes stirring often, until the porridge has thickened.
- Remove the porridge from the heat, cover and let it stand for another 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir three-quarters of the compote through the porridge and divide between two bowls, top with the remaining compote.
- Drizzle with yogurt and serve immediately.